Plant City Stadium & Randy L. Larson Softball FourPlex
- Situated southeast of downtown on 74.659 acresPlant City Stadium, 1810 East Park Road (follow the curve past the Four-Plex) MAP
Both located 2.5 miles south of Interstate 4 off Exit #22 – Park Road.
Stadium GPS Coordinates: Lat: 27o 59′ 47.50″ N Long: 82o 06′ 31.95″ W
- Home of the International Softball Federation, worldwide governing body of softball, and their future Softball Hall Of Fame
- Host to many tournaments such as the annual Florida High School Softball Championships and various international and domestic competitions
- Former home of the Tampa Bay FireStix and the Florida Wahoos of the Women’s Professional Softball League (WPSL) and host of the nationally televised 1999 WPSL All Star game
- Stadium was converted to softball in 1999 after formerly being the spring training facility of the Cincinnati Reds major league baseball team from 1987-1996
- Practice fields were converted to softball, lighted and named the Randy L. Larson Softball Four-Plex in 2000.
- The clubhouse was renovated into offices with the International Softball Federation moving here in 2000 and the Recreation & Parks Department relocating here in 2001.
- In March, 2005 the overall facility received 1st Place in the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council’s13th Annual Future of the Region Awards in the Cultural/Sports/Recreation category for notable achievement in resource planning and management in the Tampa Bay region
- Amenities at the facility include:
- 1 lighted 310′ stadium softball field (temp fencing at 200′) with seating for 6,700, press box, restrooms, concession stands, lighted parking
- 4 lighted 310′ softball fields (temp fencing at 200′), lighted parking, bleachers, restrooms, playground, pavilion, city-operated concession stand.